Tyler's Trees - Stand Manager
Title: Tree Stand Manager
Term: November 2015 – December 24, 2015
Location: New York, NY (mid-town)
Responsibilities of the stand manager(s) are for full day to day operating activities of Tyler’s Trees for the entire Holiday season. Management and labor tasks include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage inventory of trees, stands & other products and supplies to ensure proper numbers for daily, next day and future deliveries.
- Coordinate all tree stand logistics and retail sales, which include multiple check-ins with delivery teams, the general manager, and company founders.
- Ensure trees are sized, prepared, given a fresh cut and ready in perfect fluidity with pickups. Deliveries occur throughout the day during 3-hour windows starting at 7:00am each day and ending in the evening. Delivery volumes increase substantially on weekends.
- Construct stands for oversized trees (carpentry skills preferred).
- Secure all trees, product & supplies for overnight storage.
- Work with other stand manager(s), the delivery teams and general manager to maintain clear and effective communication between all staff. In this high paced business, communication and good, shared leadership is key.
- Manage neighbor relations.
- Provide customer service for on-site sales.
- Maintain a clean and orderly stand location.
- Maintain Tyler’s Trees fun and playful customer relations correspondence.
Tyler’s Trees, LLC (www.tylerstrees.com) is a New York City based small business founded in 2008 by two sports marketing professionals who discovered a niche market during the holiday season. The premise is simple: Provide the ease and convenience that New Yorkers expect during Christmas through the seamless delivery of Christmas trees and it’s fixings.
Tyler’s Trees is an upscale “white glove” Christmas Tree delivery service which strives to deliver the best service while spreading holiday cheer, one tree at a time. Each customer receives the following benefits: Live fresh Frasier Fir sourced from North Carolina, delivery, tree set‐up, tree stand and a tree skirt.
Stand Manager Skills and Requirements:
- Well-developed personal skills
- Must be in good physical shape. Well-developed labor skills and chainsaw experience an asset.
- Ability to handle fast pace environment. No one day will be similar to the next
- Ability to handle multiple projects in unison and understand the connectivity between projects
- 1-3 years experience in operations, events and managing teams of people
- Comfort with independent working and problem solving
- Ability to withstand the physical labor of moving and arranging Christmas trees. Must be able to lift up to 50lbs for long periods and consecutive days and weeks.
- Available every day between Thanksgiving and Christmas, including weekends. Some time off will be provided but is minimal due to the nature of the business.
- Basic understanding of computers (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Ipad)
- Valid driver’s license with comfort for New York City driving conditions
- Having a van to act as the Stand vehicle would be an asset
- Ability to pass a background check and drug test
- Minimum Education: High School Degree
Salary & Benefits:
Salary: TBD depending on experience and planned contributions. *This is a seasonal contract position*
Benefits: Some food will be provided. Tips occur during stand sales and deliveries.
Email resume and short cover letter to email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only individuals selected for interview will be contacted.