Tyler's Trees Assistant Stand Manager
Title: Assistant Tree Stand Manager (Contractor) – New York City
Term: November 2015 – December 24, 2015
Location: New York, NY
Responsible for full day-to-day operating activities of Tyler’s Trees, LLC for the entire Holiday season not limited to the following:
- Manage inventory of trees, stands, and skirts to ensure proper numbers for daily and next day deliveries
- Help with coordinating all tree stand logistics and retail sales which includes multiple check-ins with delivery teams, the general manager, and company founders.
- Assist with ensuring all trees are sized, prepared, given a fresh cut and ready in perfect fluidity with pickups. Deliveries occur throughout the day during 3-hour windows starting at 7:00am each day and ending in the evening. Delivery volumes increase substantially on weekends.
- Work with other stand manager(s), the delivery teams and general manager to maintain clear and effective communication between all staff. In this high paced business, communication and good, shared leadership is key.
- Secure all trees, product & supplies for overnight storage.
- Maintain a clean and orderly stand location.
- Maintain Tyler’s Trees fun and playful customer relations correspondence
Tyler’s Trees, LLC (www.tylerstrees.com) is a New York City based small business founded in 2008 by two sports marketing professionals who discovered a niche market during the holiday season. The premise is simple: Provide the ease and convenience that New Yorkers expect during Christmas through the seamless delivery of Christmas trees and it’s fixings.
Tyler’s Trees is an upscale “white glove” Christmas Tree delivery service which strives to deliver the best service while spreading holiday cheer, one tree at a time. Each customer receives the following benefits: Live fresh Frasier Fir sourced from North Carolina, delivery, tree set‐up, tree stand and a tree skirt.
Skills and Requirements:
- Education: High School Degree
- Ability to handle fast pace environment. No one day will be similar to the next
- Must be in good physical shape. Well-developed labor skills and chainsaw experience an asset.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in unison and understand the connectivity between projects
- 1-3 years experience in operations
- Comfort with independent working and problem solving
- Ability to withstand the physical labor of moving and arranging Christmas trees. Must be able to lift up to 50lbs for long periods and consecutive days and weeks.
- Available every day between Thanksgiving and Christmas, including weekends (Time off schedule will be developed closer to start of deliveries)
- Basic understanding of computers (Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
- Valid driver’s license with comfort for New York City driving conditions
- Ability to pass a background check and drug test
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary: TBD depending on experience and start date
*This is a seasonal contract position.
Benefits: Tips occur during stand sales and deliveries.
- Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org